Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grow Alabama... Organic CSA


If you live in Alabama, you seriously need to check out this site:

Grow Alabama

I was referred to Grow Alabama by a friend who knew that eating local organic food was important to me. These people are amazing... be sure to check out the farmer's stories.

Above is a butternut squash which we grew ourselves. It is the last of the fresh produce we enjoyed from our garden before we moved. My favorite way to eat it is roasted in the oven with a little olive oil and sea salt drizzled over the top. Just cut it in half and scoop the seeds out first. Then bake it uncovered @ 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. Easy and delicious!

I believe this CSA if just what we need to tide us over until we are able to plant our own garden in the spring.

***If you decide to become a member, please let them know on your application that you were referred by me - I'll receive bonus veggies for each referral. :)

No comments: