Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Veggie envy, anyone?

My first CSA vegbox arrived this afternoon...
I could not be more pleased!

First of all, the box weighed at least 25lbs. I know. I had to pick it up and carry it to my car myself.

And second, the vegetables and fruit were in pristine condition. They couldn't have been fresher or more beautiful if I'd picked them myself. There were Chinese eggplants (three of which we've already eaten), ripe tomatoes, green tomatoes, summer squash, okra, and cabbage...

There were also lettuces (one of which is MIA because we enjoyed a salad this evening), mustard greens, green beans, a pumpkin, and Staymen apples. One of the apples is the largest apple I've ever seen! Seriously, look at it in comparison to the pumpkin. It's humongous!

I'm extremely satisfied with my Grow Alabama CSA subscription. They also have organic meat, eggs, cheese, olive oil, sea salt, coffee, and soy candles. I highly recommend this program to you if you're lucky enough to live in Alabama. :) Otherwise, Google for CSAs in your area. It is an excellent way to support your local farmers and gain the fresh, quality, organic produce you desire.

1 comment:

Ann said...

You veg box looks so fresh and appetizing Melissa, those apples especially! I subscribed to an organic veg box delivery company and was very disappointed, the veg was not at all fresh and went off really quickly.