Saturday, April 26, 2008

Butterick B4783 - Girl's Swing Top



Okay, I have a new favorite pattern! I think this one came out quite fabulously, if I do say so myself. It pairs nicely with Jackie Clark's Britches and Bloomers, don't you think? I had originally intended to sew a ruffled edge to the bottom, but after trying it on my princess, I thought it would be too long.



This pattern was pretty easy. It did take me a little while to figure out what the pattern was instructing me to do, but after reading through it a couple of times I was good to go. There are 6 variations of this outfit in the same pattern package (which was part of my confusion) and it includes patterns for a top, skirt, and shorts. I purchased it in sizes 2, 3, 4, and 5 but it is also available in larger sizes.


I should tell you that this pattern runs big. Sara Lynn wears a size 2 in most clothes, but this size 2 is a bit loose on her. I'm not complaining - she's growing fast and I'd rather it be too big than too small!



I'm very happy with the way these fabrics work together. I just love vintage prints in shades of pink, cream and white. I'm having a blast dressing this little sweetie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that outfit wonderful. Your little girl looks super cute.

VSJensen said...

her outfit is so cute! i love that swing top, so perfect for summer, too. your blog is great, i found you of of suzical's great big list of sewing blogs, and glad i stumbled here!

sophia said...

A good informative post that you have shared and thankful your work for sharing the information..
Stone Merchants Yorkshire
Reclaimed Stone for Sale
Stone Sales Bradford