Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Little Garden: Before and After


Just so you know, I am in container garden heaven! I found these gorgeous pots dirt cheap (like the pun?) at Costco. Last fall I planted this bed in pansies. It was pretty, but it was a pain to weed because the bed is so wide. This spring I'm getting smart. I weeded the bed one last time, applied some weed control, and I am bringing out the pinestraw. These are the flowers previously posted here in case you're interested.



This is the before shot of my flowerbeds. I worked for two whole days weeding around our house (I'm not completely done - we live on a 1 acre lot) and removing unwanted shrubs and bulbs left by the previous owner. I wanted a clean slate to work with... and a sense of ownership to go with this house that we're still making our home. We've lived here about 8 months now, and we've completely renovated both the inside and outside of our Cape Cod style home.



For the most part, it's been a wonderful journey - taking an older home with loads of character and adding our own personality to the mix. It's a good feeling to be able to step back and see what we've accomplished with our own hands. But boy, my back hurts!

No comments: