Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jackie Clark's Britches & Bloomers


This is my latest creation for Sara Lynn's closet. This pattern would be great for beginners because it is so detailed. I had no trouble sewing these up and this was my first time using this pattern. The ruffles were very simple to create and the elastic waistband was easy, too. You can find an excellent and detailed pattern review by Mary (aka the Craft Addict) over at Sew, Mama, Sew! Be sure to check out her blog here. It was actually her review that prompted me to purchase the pattern myself - thanks Mary!

I really like the way these bloomers turned out. They are actually pants, but the pattern could be easily modified into cropped pants or shorts. Next time, I will shorten them to just above the knee. No pants required for our steamy Alabama summers!



I've been drawn to vintage fabrics lately. They are so precious on my sweet baby girl. I think a ruffley top would pair nicely with these. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fabrics you chose! The Bloomers turned out great. Can't wait to see what else you make with them!

Laurie said...

I LOVE that pattern and have made it several times. I LOVE your fabric choice! Very Nice!