Monday, February 23, 2009

Neglected Patterns


Recently, I told you that I rarely sew for myself. But, I admit that I often dream of sewing up beautiful garments to carry or wear that are all my own. Hence, the many Amy Butler patterns that live in my stash. I've had them tucked away in a drawer for so long that I almost forgot about them. I stumbled across them last week and immediately gravitated toward the Barcelona Skirt.


I chose some fabric from my stash (wishing I had enough Amy Butler yardage, but I don't) to make the layered version of the skirt. I'm in love with the exposed raw edges of the layers.



And you've probably noticed, I do not attempt to craft without a warm beverage within arms reach. This time I settled into my crafty chair with chai tea. Oh, so yummy!


I would love to tell you that I completed the skirt, but the truth is I didn't get very far. I have all of the pattern pieces cut out, which is the part I like the least. So that's good. But just as I was about to get to down to business, Sara Lynn woke up from her nap and it was all she wrote. I expect to be more productive when it's time to put the pieces under my presser foot (probably this weekend.)

A little thrifting expedition also interrupted my weekend craftiness, and I didn't mind a bit. I'll share my latest treasures with you soon.


No comments: