Saturday, February 7, 2009

Raised Garden Beds... Ready!


My garden beds are ready to be sown. Oh, how happy this makes me! One of the best things about living in Alabama is the lengthy growing season. Most early vegetables can go out in February. We are having a gorgeous weekend with temperatures in the upper 60's to low 70's (sorry to make you jealous.) I thought it was a great time to get a head start on Spring planting...


I believe I'll plant some lettuce, carrots, broccoli, arugula, spinach, and mustard for now. As soon as it warms up a bit more, I have the perfect spot for an herb garden. I can hardly wait! I am thinking about planting some peppers in containers in the same area. Maybe some tomatoes, too. I haven't quite decided. I would also love to plant some heirloom flowers there as well.
This is what everyone else was doing to enjoy the beautiful day:



A little jumping.



A little climbing.



A lot of swinging.

Hey, you guys make some room for me!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm so pleased for you Melissa, it's great fun growing your own veg. I'm looking forward to seeing your raised beds when they full with growing things. It's still cold and snowy here so it'll be a couple of months before my veg beds are ready for anything.

HVAC Contractors Hartford said...

Hi thaanks for sharing this