Friday, February 12, 2010

It’s snowing here today… in Alabama

029

We don’t often get snow here in Alabama. The kids are so excited that we’ll be able to build snowmen and make snow angels by this afternoon. It seemed crazy when our weatherman said we were under a Winter Storm Advisory and that 2-4 inches were predicted for today.

So, we intend to enjoy this rare event. We have plenty of firewood, in the event the power goes out. And my pantry is fully stocked. I’m curled up by a nice warm fire as I write this. It’s going to be a good day around here!

2 comments:

Chiot's Run said...

I saw this on the weather this morning and I couldn't believe it.

Melissa Price said...

I know! We were shocked, too. It didn't take long for counties to begin closing roads. We're just not equipped to handle snow around here. Even a little of the white stuff usually earns us a day off. :) Melissa