Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love Thy Neighbor

We have the most wonderful neighbors around here! Daniel has a friend who lives with his grandparents on the street behind us. He has become Daniel's constant companion, and feels like a part of our family now. We love him as one of our own, and if you'll notice, he's in most posts right along side Daniel.

His "Maw-Maw" made a delicious poundcake for us the other day. Yep. I couldn't even wait until after I had snapped a picture to slice myself a piece. So yummy!

To make up for the splurge (yes, I ate my desert before my supper), we had tuna salad that night. I don't add much mayo (I use light mayo) in an effort to keep it healthy, but I do like to add boiled eggs and sweet pickle relish. And lots of freshly ground black pepper.


It's especially good when served on a bed of baby lettuces and garnished with tomatoes. A slice of whole grain bread on the side, and you have yourself an easy, healthy meal in minutes.

No comments: