Sunday, March 1, 2009

March snow in Alabama?!

Would you believe that it was 72 degrees here yesterday? And this is what I woke up to this morning? I know, unbelievable. Snow has been in the forecast all week, but I just didn't think it would happen. It hardly ever snows in South Alabama. And it is March, after all.

But just in case, we covered the garden with a makeshift greenhouse and brought our recently purchased fig tree inside. I'm so glad the grapes haven't been planted yet. You can see them on my sewing table alongside the blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, with the snow swirling just outside.

It feels like a stay-in-your-pajamas kind of day. And chili is definitely on the menu.

****It snowed hard for 6 hours straight. But, much to my children's disappointment, the ground was too warm for it to stick. There were no snow angels, but they had a good time catching snowflakes on their little tongues.

No comments: