Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vintage Goodness

I'm crazy about this vintage, hand-tied quilt!




And I'm not too sure about this one.

One of the drawbacks of purchasing goods online, is the inability to view, inspect, touch, and feel the item in person. I'm not terribly disappointed with my purchase, because I got a really good deal on both of these. The one I looove, was only $16 and some change. Not too shabby... Thank you, Ebay! The other, only $20.

The bottom quilt is made from old Saris, and is intended for use as a rug. It's heavy, but not terribly durable. I will not be able to use it as a rug. The quilt top is fragile, and even frayed in a few places when I washed it. I'll probably make the necessary repairs and hang it on a wall. I'm undecided at the moment.

The quilt that won my adoration is in pristine condition. It's been washed, hung out to dry in the sunshine, and is now snuggling my precious little ones.

They seem to like it, too.

No comments: