Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anonymous Anniversary Artwork

My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last month. This is what he gave me, which made the silver engraved money clip I gave him seem small and insignificant. You see, this man of mine doesn't care the least little bit about art. But he knows how much I enjoy it. And red. Oh, how I adore the color red. I use punches of red and black throughout my home. They're such dramatic hues... must be the drama queen coming out in me.

This painting was done by a local artist for Gallery East, one of my favorite places to peruse. I'd love to tell you who did it, but the truth is, I don't know. My husband didn't think to ask when he bought it, and the signature is completely illegible. I'll have to take this photo with me when I visit the gallery again and ask. In the meantime, I love to sit back and admire this somewhat anonymous work of art.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Lovely picture Melissa, you could imagine you were in that landscape!

@__EY__ said...

Hello,

that is a nice
place for old
wooden spools: )

I wild thry to
make a "sew-casket"
( ??? ) of the
"same glass".
= spools in the glass
and "needlepillow"
on the top.

Au revoir : )