Friday, June 13, 2008

Cafe Curtain Completion

Yes, I'm doing my happy dance about these curtains. Not only am I happy that I'm done, but I'm also happy with the way they turned out. Which gives me a reason to celebrate! I hate to admit it, but my projects don't always come out the way I hope they will.

We've been in the midst of a master bathroom remodeling project that is finally coming to an end. It's been a LONG road travelling upstairs to use the bathroom and take our showers, but the wait was definitely worth the end result.

If you look really closely, you'll notice that we're missing the little ceramic circle with a "C" for "Cold", compliments of Sara Lynn. I don't know how that mischievous baby girl managed to get it off, but she did, and promptly threw it on the floor. Into a million little pieces it went. Such is the life of a mother. It's always something. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tomorrow will be our official Daddy Day. He's spent so much time and energy working for us, remodeling our home, and lavishing us with affection. Tomorrow will be a day all his own. To do, or not to do, anything he wants. We're wishing you and yours a wonderful Father's Day.

6 comments:

Ann said...

They look lovely Melissa and isn't it nice when a project goes as planned!!! I love that fabric. Curtains aren't my favourite things to make, they can be a bit monotonous can't they.

mayaluna said...

This looks so great! What a lot of work...hope husband has a great break/rest...and I hope YOU do too!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Melissa, thank you for leaving a post for the apron giveaway. I'm really glad to hear that you like to sew and cook, being so young.

I made a copy of the banana nut bread, my husband loves it. Might have to bake him up some tomorrow. Thank you for sharing.

Have a Blessed Day,
Bonnie

Ann said...

I made the short cake from the recipe you recommended Melissa, it turned out perfect, really soft and delicious. I made the freezer jam I told you about and had that and thick cream with the shortcake - yum!

Thanks
Ann

Ann said...

I've put a link to the jam recipe site on my blog Melissa, it uses Certo but I expect you can use other makes of pectin if you can't get it.

VSJensen said...

these curtains are so neat! i love them!