Monday, June 2, 2008

Cafe Curtains

I'm ashamed to admit how long I've had this fabric... let's just say I've had it for a while. I got it for 50% off at Hancock's Fabric. If you know me personally, you know how much I love red when it comes to my home decor. I picked this fabric to make cafe curtains for a HUGE bay window in my master bathroom. I'm leaving about a 10 inch space uncovered at the top of the window to let light spill into the room. I also sewed a very generous hem (1 foot indeed) to keep it interesting from the outside of the house. This window is very visible from my patio.

This toile is a delightful print of a woman washing her clothes in a creek while her children play happily alongside her. I really like it and I can't wait to see it hung. I'll be sure to show you when I'm finished and it's hanging in my bathroom. I've sewn 3 panels that are 60" x 42" each (whew!) Only 5 more to go... Ugh! Better get sewing...

4 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous fabric Melissa, I look forward to seeing the curtains in place. My bedroom window over-looks a busy road so this could be the solution to my problem too.

VSJensen said...

can't wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty and will look great on your windows. You'll have to write another post on the finsihed product with several pics. The fabric is lovely.

The Mac's House said...

I love this fabric. I have something similar to it in blue for our bedroom. Great look!