Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Homemade Strawberry Shortcake

This is soooo good. And it was a really simple recipe. I had never made my own shortcake before, but after making this easy recipe, I'll never buy store-bought shortcake again. It took all of 5 minutes to whip up the batter. Really.

Recipe here. The only modification to the original recipe I made was to bake it in muffin tins for 10 minutes. Individual servings mean no complaining about who got the biggest piece. My boys can be crazy ridiculous when it comes to dessert.

And this is what my little sweetie does while I cook. It can be rather difficult to navigate my kitchen with every single pot, pan, and lid decorating the floor. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

And to update you on Daniel's t-ball progress, his team lost the championship game last night. But 2nd place isn't too shabby, if you ask me. Both teams played their hearts out and it was a really good game. I'm still a touch hoarse from all the "woohoo-ing" I did.


I'll leave you with a picture from our last night of Vacation Bible School (which was tonight, actually.) There's my boy (pretending to snap my picture) with my man. A handsome pair, those two.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That strawberry shortcake looks delicious, what a good idea to make individual ones in the muffin tin, my DH will love this - thanks.