Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Old Wooden Spools


I had a chance to do a bit of thrifting over the weekend. I could rummage through flea markets and yard sales until the cows come home. There's such a rewarding feeling in finding a rare jewel amidst a sea of junk. It makes me happy.

Anyway, this jewel was amongst my treasures. I just love old wooden spools. And as if these beauties weren't treasure enough, they came in a gorgeous vintage mason jar. I couldn't possibly have resisted these. I considered it my reward for having survived my first week back at work in almost 2 years. Whew! I earned them.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Well done on your lucky find Melissa! I love flea markets etc too, and I can't ever walk past a charity shop without going in for a good rummage.

Anonymous said...

Love the spools! You and I could go to flea markets together and not have to hear the moans and groans from husbands who would rather sit at home and nap. Love the hidden treasure search of flea markets!