Monday, June 16, 2008

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Yummy! As promised, I made a pineapple upside down cake last week. This is an easy recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake that uses a cast iron skillet. Recipe here. I did modify the recipe slightly. I used fresh pineapple, and half the butter and brown sugar for the pineapple mixture, and it turned out great. It was still really rich.

My heart is heavy as I blog today. I started a new job today. I'll be working for the same firm I worked for before I had Sara Lynn, so I'll be working with wonderful people I know and love. But I will miss these precious months I've been at home with my little one. She started at Montessori today, and she loved it. What a relief!!! Daniel will be attending a daytime summer camp program at our local YMCA, and I'm sure he'll be happy there.

Please be patient with me as I'm sure my presence here will become more sporadic. I intend to continue sewing, cooking, crocheting, gardening and everything else I love to do, it'll just be on an irregular basis. And of coarse, I'll continue sharing my creations and my world with you. It's been a wonderful experience, this world of blogging. Thank you for all of your encouragement and support over the past few months. God bless you for your kindnesses.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Your cake sounds delicious! Hope all goes well with your job, I know what hard work it is working when you have young children, I only have one son and I used to really struggle, especially because my home and all the things related to homemaking were so important to me.

The jam is worth trying and it's easier than you think, I love making it. In my garden I have a red currant bush that always has loads of currants each year and makes lovely jelly.

Ann

mayaluna said...

I send you strength and support as you make this transition. Sounds like you've done a great job of making sure your children are in just the right places! I'll be trying that cake...yum!