Friday, June 6, 2008

River Rats

We all love to play on the river. This is our favorite spot. We found the perfect tree to hang a rope from. Could you blame a boy for loving the water?

Woohoo! Daniel and his friend had a blast swinging from that rope... they were so worn out that they slept until 9:00am this morning!

And my baby loves the sand. She particularly loves to smear it all over everyone and everything (including herself.) We have so much fun playing together on the water. It's our family therapy.
And it occurred to my husband that I don't appear in many photos. I'm usually behind the camera (which is where I prefer to be!) So he snapped one of Sara Lynn and I. I don't suppose it would make me happy to look back in 10 years and realize that there aren't any photos of me and my babies. We'll have to work on that.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I enjoyed reading about your family Melissa, sounds like you had a fun day at the river.

VSJensen said...

what a great photo of you both! i think we have the same dilemma over here too, so every once in a while i hand my husband the camera... it's so funny because my oldest ones will look back on photos and video and say remember when daddy... remember when daddy took us... etc. and i say, "what i about me! i was there too!" always behind the camera, lol... and seriously, i NEED to jump from that rope swing! how fun!

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun. What a lovely photo of Sara Lynn and yourself; she looks so angelic - a real cutie.